Τετάρτη 29 Απριλίου 2015

Bono: Who Is Jesus?







You’ve probably never heard a rockstar at this level talk so open about their faith. When a reporter asked Bono to talk about his faith and belief in God, he didn’t flinch. This is about as bold a take on God, Jesus, prayers and miracles as you’ll ever hear.

 On Prayer:

 I pray to get to know the will of God, because then the prayers have more chance of coming true — I mean, that’s the thing about prayer, isn’t it? We don’t do it in a very lofty way in our family. It’s just a bunch of us on the bed, usually, we’ve a very big bed in our house. We pray with all our kids. We read the Scriptures, we pray. Sometimes if we go to church on Sunday, we’ll go after church has ended, we’ll go on our own as a family for peace and quiet. And we’ll pray usually for people that we know who are struggling with something.
 On Jesus: It’s a defining question for Christian. Who was Christ?I don’t think you’re let off easily by saying he was a great thinker or great philosopher. Because, actually, he went around saying he was the Messiah. That’s why he was crucified. He was crucified because he said he was the Son of God. So, he either, in my view, was the Son of God or he was nuts. Forget rock-and-roll messianic complexes. I mean Charlie Manson-type delirium. And I find it hard to accept that all the millions and millions of lives, half the Earth, for 2,000 years have been touched, have felt their lives touched and inspired by some nutter. I don’t believe it.
 On Miracles: I have no problem with miracles. I’m living around them. I am one.






Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/03/31/bonos-bold-take-on-jesus-youve-probably-never-seen-a-celebrity-declare-their-faith-like-this/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...